Protecting your privacy
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information you submit to us. All personal information you provide is transferred via a secured connection. This is completed under 128 bit SSL (Secure Socket layer) encryption, which is a leading security standard for the transmission of data within the e-services industry.
We do not conduct any long-term tracking of your visits to our site with cookies and you can always delete your cookies when you are deleting your temporary internet files. However, you should note that this will affect all sites that have provided cookies, not just ours. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org. It should be noted that our website will not work without cookies.
We will process, use and disclose information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in the following ways:
- To help provide services to you.
- To administer your participation in the Student Loans Scheme.
- To arrange for the collection of repayments made by you in relation to your Student Loans Account.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information on services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations and exercise our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To monitor the performance of the website.
SLC will not supply, transmit, or otherwise provide your personal data to any third party, except where required or permitted by law. For further details about the way your information is used, who is responsible for it and the rights you have in connection with it, please refer to the SLC Privacy Notice.
We have a legal obligation in accordance with applicable data protection legislation to ensure that all information held and processed about you is kept accurate and up to date. Should you discover that SLC is holding personal data relating to you which is inaccurate, please notify SLC as soon as possible. SLC will then correct its records, and notify third parties to whom such personal data may have been supplied in accordance with this policy.